Thursday, May 26, 2011

Northern Exposure S1 E8 - The Aurora Borealis


Summary (from Wikipedia): The Northern Lights and the moon induced by them cause dreaming to intensify among the residents.

Dr. Fleischman hears about "Adam", the local version of the Bigfoot monster. When his truck breaks down one night on a lonely road, he encounters the mysterious creature, who turns out to be an odd, hostile hermit living deep in the woods. However, nobody in Cicely believes him.

Bernard shows up. He sold his condo in Portland, Oregon, bought a motorcycle and rode north without quite knowing why. He and Chris find themselves strangely in tune, even sharing the same dream. They finally learn that they share the same father and the same birthday. Satisfied, Bernard returns to Portland.

This is one of my favorite episodes so far of NoEx. It's so well written and just makes me feel so good by the end. Perfect way to end the first season.

What's that song on the radio in the morning? It sounds like an awesome rendition of Moonlight Sonata. I friggin' want it.

Bernard is a character I'd like to see much more of. Perhaps he IS used more in the show, I don't know, however I know he shows up at least one more time in Season 3 I believe.

"So... you're black." "Yyyyeah..."

This is just such a funny (Joel with Adam) and beautiful (Chris and Bernard) episode. It clicks so well. While this is one of the best and one of my favorites, there's not much I have to say about it; it's just great. Definitely a pick-me-up from the previous episode. No tears here; just smiles. Watch it if you can.

And bring your garlic press :P

No comments:

Post a Comment